Adult Basic Education (ABE)
The ABE Program for Trimester Two will start the week of December 4, 2023. If you are a new student, it's mandatory to attend a two-part orientation.
To pre-register for an orientation, simply click on the link provided below.
Pre-Register for Orientation
• All new students must complete registration and attend the two-part orientation for any high school completion program.
Items to Bring to the Orientation:
• All registration forms, filled out.
• A state-issued ID (this could be a non-driver ID, a valid driver's license from the DMV or a passport)
• If you're 18 or under, you also need to provide an official withdrawal letter from a Connecticut high school.
During the Orientation:
• Students will get information about the three available paths to earn a high school diploma.
• After an initial assessment, students will be able to schedule a personal meeting with a counselor. During this meeting, they can create a plan for completing high school.
If you have been out of school for a while and would like to improve your reading, writing, and math skills, and/or get a new job, better job, or a promotion, then VRABE’s ABE program may be for you.
We will provide free evaluations to measure your strengths and individual counseling to create a learning plan geared to your needs. Free and convenient day and evening classes are offered at multiple locations. For additional Information, please call 860-870-6060 or email email@example.com.
To Be Eligible for This Program:
- You must be at least 17 years of age
- You must no longer be enrolled in high school . Students age 17 or 18 must have a CONNECITCUT high school withdrawal form
- You must not have a high school diploma
- You must not meet the skill requirement for the GED® program
- New students must register for A REQUIRED two-part orientation before being admitted into ABE classes