Continuing Education Policies
- Adult enrichment courses are open for enrollment to all adults in all towns.
- Registration Fees are payable at the time of registration. Payment can be made by check, cash, money order, MasterCard or Visa. In some classes, this does not include the cost of books, materials or lab fees. See course description for details. There will be a $20 fee charged for checks returned to our office due to insufficient funds.
- Lab Fees: Lab (materials, supply) fees for many of the classes will now be paid at the time you register for the class. These fees can be paid by whatever method you are using for the registration fee - credit card, personal check or cash. If you are mailing in your registration and using a personal check, please make sure to include the lab fee. Floral Design is the only exception where the fee will be paid directly to the instructor on the first night of class.
- Senior Citizens (62 years of age), Military (including active, reserves or retired) and handicapped
persons will receive a 25% discount on one course each semester costing $30 or more. Courses with fees less than $30are not subject to any discounts. No discount is given on any limited enrollment course, any new course, or on any academic course. Other courses not subject to a discount are so noted in the catalog.
- No registration confirmation will be mailed to you. Registration confirmations are only available through online registrations.
- Class Cancellations due to inclement weather or other emergencies can be seen on your local television station and will be announced on the telephone voicemail at the Continuing Education office. You may access this information by calling 860-870-6060 and selecting option 3 from the menu. The general rule is that if day school is cancelled or closed early, then all evening classes will be cancelled as well.
- Teacher Absence: If an instructor is absent for any reason, he or she will notify class members and a week will be added on to the end of the semester to make up the missed class.
- Vernon Continuing Education reserves the right to cancel classes, change instructors, or make any modifications to insure the soundness of the program.
- Unless otherwise stated in a specific course description, all students taking Continuing Education classes must be at least 18 years of age.
A refund is given only if the class you are registering for is already full or if a class is cancelled. No other refund requests will be honored. Refunds will not be given because of a change of instructor. Refunds will not be given due to our mask policy.
For Classes at Rockville High School
You must enter Rockville High School either through the main doors which face Loveland Hill Road or through the back doors which are on the VO AG (north) side of the building. You may park in the lot in the front of the building or in the lot on the north side of the building. Please note that parking in the large lot on the south side of the building will create a very long walk to the front main entrance or the rear entrance. These are the only two entrances that will be open.