Workplace Customized Training
Are you looking for improvement in your employees' skills? Vernon Regional Adult Basic Education now delivers customized, on-site or off-site training at affordable training costs to address your business needs. Training is provided in:
Introduction to Computers and Customized Microsoft Office Training
Pre-GED (General Educational Development)
- Focuses on basic literacy and math skills.
- Designed for students who do not meet the minimum requirements for the GED (General Education Development classes.
General Educational Development (GED)
- Alternative route to a high school diploma.
- Classroom-based courses in English, Writing Skills, Social Studies, Literature, Math, Science and the Arts. Prepares students to take the Connecticut GED exam.
- For more in-depth information, click on this link: Connecticut General Education Program
The External Diploma Program (NEDP)
- Alternative path to achieve a high school diploma for adults in the workforce.
- Offers no classroom instruction but is a series of assessments. An adult who completes the portfolio assessment is
awarded a Vernon Regional Adult High School Diploma.
- For more in-depth information, click on this link: National External Diploma Program
The Credit Diploma Program (CDP)
- Offers students an avenue to successfully complete the State of Connecticut’s requirements for high school completion.
- Academic classes are structured to meet the graduation requirements. Students may be awarded credit for a variety of life experiences. Vernon Regional Adult High School Diploma is granted upon completion.
English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Instruction is designed for adults who have limited proficiency in the English Language. Program is customized to meet employer and employee needs.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- This program offers the opportunity to enter the healthcare field. The program provides 125 hours of classroom instruction and clinical training in skilled nursing facilities in collaboration with Manchester Community College.
- If you have questions about the Certified Nurse Aide Program, please contact: Diane Mitchell, Credit-Free Allied Health Coordinator, at email@example.com, or at 860-512-2826.
- Increased productivity, reduced time per task and lower error rates
- Enhanced employee retention and employee promotion
- Improved team performance and ability to understand, learn, and apply new information
- Improved health and safety record
- Higher success rate in transferring employee within the company
Customized Training Solutions
- Smaller classes offer individualized attention
- Needs analysis
- Training is held at your site
- Outcome-oriented services
- Offering high school completion, reading, math, computer skills, college transition, English as a Second Language
- Improved employee morale and team performance
- Increased confidence leads to positive attitude towards change
- Improved capacity to think critically, solve problems, and become self-directed learners
- Ability to understand, learn, and apply information
Download our or view our
For a free complimentary consultation, please contact Richard Welk, Program Coordinator,